Thank you for your interest in JCI Winnipeg. Listed below are a few questions that are frequently asked about JCI and what we do.
You can download a copy of our 2015 Annual General Meeting Program which lists all of our activities: 2015 AGM Program
What types of projets does JCI Winnipeg initiate?
JCI Winnipeg is involved in many local initiatives and projects. Here are a few of our favorites (click the links to read about last year’s event):
- Adopt-a-Park Fort Rouge Park Clean-Up, May 23, 2015
- JCI Winnipeg Golf Tournament, June 25, 2015
- Winnipeg Harvest Volunteer Event, September 30, 2015
- Winnipeg Harvest Trick-or-Eat Food Drive, October 31, 2015
- Santa Parade Day Events, November 2015
- Winnipeg Toy Drive, December 2015
- JCI Signature Gala Dinner, December 2015
New in 2014, JCI Winnipeg and Junior Achievement of Manitoba (JA) have joined forces to help students learn about business. JCI provides 4 members to take on the role of Advisers in JA’s Company Program, a 20 week program where high school students start a business and compete for awards. Read about it here: Skills development through entrepreneurial training, high school edition.
What are the training programs offered by JCI Winnipeg?
JCI Effective Speaking Competition
The Effective Speaking Competition encourages our members to develop their public speaking skills. Each year, participants compete, locally, regionally and nationally in hopes of representing Canada in the Americas and on the World Stage. Read about Natasha Fisher’s bid for the World Title in November 2014 here: Natasha Fisher’s public speaking skills are taking her around the world.
- Effective Speaking Workshop, March 7, 2015
- Local Competition, March 25, 2015
- Regional Competition, May 1-5, 2015 at the JCI Prairie Region Conference 2015 in Edmonton, Alberta.
- National Competition, September 15-20, 2015 at the JCI National Convention 2015 in Calgary, Alberta.
- Area Competition, 2016, details to be confirmed.
- World Competition, October 31, 2016 at the 2016 JCI World Congress in Québec, Canada.
April 22, 2015
The JCI 101 workshop helps us better understand the values and principles of JCI and how we can better impact our community and spark positive change.
Wed, April 22
May 27, 2015
Join us and improve your swing. Golf is a popular sport for business people. Golf 101 gives you the opportunity to learn a few techniques and practice your swing so you can impress your colleagues both on and off the course.
July 29, 2015
Our Elevate Yourself workshop teaches networking skills to better prepare our members for today's economy.
How frequently are events/programs held?
JCI Winnipeg hosts many events in which members and guests can participate.
- Month-End-Mixers on the last Wednesday of each month.
- Monthly Board Meetings where members are invited to join if they wish.
- Membership to the Chambre de commerce francophone de Saint-Boniface, we can send one member to their monthly Networking Lunch.
- Local activities calendar: Upcoming Local Events
- Regional, national and international calendar: JCI Events
What is the membership application procedure?
Want to travel, develop leadership skills, contribute to the community, and meet new people? Are you age 18-40?
- Build your leadership potential
- Cultivate your personal and professional potential
- Contribute and make a difference in the community
- Meet new people and build your network of contacts
- Meet fellow JCI peers around the world
Be part of the experience!
Join here: www.jcicanadamember.com
*Click the JOIN A CHAPTER on the right, then select PRAIRIE REGION from the drop down menu, and then select JCI WINNIPEG
PO Box 2208
You can also scan and email your completed form to email@example.com
For $150/year you can join our vibrant network of young leaders working together to create positive change. Membership in JCI Winnipeg is open to community members, students, leaders, professionals, entrepreneurs, and business owners under 40 years of age.