Director, Corporate Partnerships
Volunteer Position Description – Winnipeg, Manitoba
Position details: Voluntary, 9 month term starting immediately
JCI Winnipeg is seeking a Director of Corporate Partnerships position on the 2014 JCI Winnipeg Board of Directors who will focus on identifying, cultivating and stewarding corporate partnerships and sponsors to support JCI Winnipeg operations, maintenance, and public programs.
This position offers you the opportunity to enable positive change through the development of young citizens. JCI offer opportunities to learn, inspire and build our experience as leaders.
- Develop a growth strategy for JCI Winnipeg for corporate partnerships, researching and identifying potential future partners for sponsorships, training opportunities, and funding;
- Research and identify corporate partners interested in supporting JCI Winnipeg through sponsorships, contributions, and grants;
- Build trusted relationships with potential partners, corporate program officers and marketing executives on behalf of JCI Winnipeg;
- Write, assemble and submit corporate funding requests, including letters of intent, solicitation, proposals, budgets, acknowledgements and presentations, ensuring prompt acknowledgement of corporate and individual gifts and donations;
- Track and manage leads/prospects by industry and opportunity, maintaining calendar to ensure timely submission of letters of inquiry, proposals and reports;
- Explore further fundraising opportunities for JCI Winnipeg with the support of the board;
- Update the board with monthly progress reports and through attendance at the monthly meetings;
- Maintain and update JCI Winnipeg’s sponsorship package as required.
- You are an active citizen aged 18-40 and are passionate about creating positive change;
- You have a background in for public relations, communications, corporate fundraising, journalism or a related discipline and are looking for an opportunity use your skills in these areas to promote positive change;
- You are a highly motivated self-started, with by the desire to set and accomplish new goals in a fast paced environment;
- You are persuasive, and enjoy meeting new contacts to develop successful business contacts and relationships;
- You often find creative solutions to problems, and you are eager to provide opportunities that empower young people to create change in their community;
- You are highly organized with the ability to communicate effectively in writing and verbally with different audiences;
- You are skilled with the suite of Microsoft Office products and social media;
- You are driven to make JCI Winnipeg and the Winnipeg community a better place.
This is a fantastic opportunity to develop fundraising and sponsorship related skills within the not-for-profit sector!
Interested individuals can send their applications no later than April 10th, 2014 by email at email@example.com
JCI members constantly seek ways to live JCI’s slogan, Be Better. JCI members think critically about existing problems to ﬁnd sustainable solutions for a better future. We not only believe that improvement is possible in our communities and in ourselves, we believe it is our responsibility.